Wednesday, August 28, 2013

What I am Reading Wednesday

Despite only having one working arm, and how goofy being on pain meds makes me I have missed blogging.  One of my new favorite blogs Clan Donaldson does a "What I am reading Wednesday" and since I am an avid reading and lover of books I decided to give it a go for no mortal surgery or injury will stop me. ( I have a feeling I will faceplam at that comment later.)




Anyway I have been in a HUGE book rut.  In the past month I have started about 10 books and have stopped because I have not been able to get into them.  A friend of mine is an avid reading and upon perusing his book selection last night I happened upon this:




It sounded really interesting and I was promised it was not a love story.  Now I am all for love but am sick of the unrealistic sappy love stories.  They end the the same and well we are going to end it their because it is just going to turn into a huge rant.  Anywho Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin is turning out to be quite enjoyable.  It is a fast read and decently written.  I also am enjoying the twist on what happens to us after we die.  Just in a day time I am about 150 pages in and it is still holding my attention.  So the award goes to Gabrielle for being able to hold my attention and also making me realize that my rut is from all books seeming the same to me.  So far she is original and I am happy to spend my surgery recovery reading.  If you have any suggestion please comment and let me know.  



Oh and since I have not done my Sunday funnies is quite some time I leave you with this gem.


1 comment:

  1. Check out the Harry Dresden books by Jim Butcher. Excellent read, gripping series.

    ReplyDelete