Thursday, August 1, 2013

Five Favorite

1. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle



I was super hesitant to try this stuff because I cannot stand the smell of Aussie products.  However when I got my hairs cut last month the sassy gay hair dresser went on and on about how thick curly hair needs a deep conditioner and that my dry scalp issues were because I was not using one.  He recommend this stuff and promised it did not have that "terrible" Aussie smell.  He was right in so many way. 


2. Izze Sparkling Pomegranate juice.



I have not had this stuff since I visited my bro in The Big Apple years ago and I now know why.  It is super addicting!  It has the right amount of sweet and tangy along with a bit of fizz to make you think you are drinking something like pop.  A single can is 90 calories and has 70% real fruit juice.  Izze also partners with Global Education Fund to help provide the much needed education for children around the world.  Downside is that 4 can cost almost 5 dollars, so it is a drink that I savor down to the last drop.


3. If you have not seen Pitched Perfect I insist you do, and do so soon.  After listening to the songs on youtube nonstop I decided to buy the album via iTunes.  Best decision of the week, and I still cannot stop listing to the album and this song in particular:




4. NonStick Pans/ Pots.  All my previous pan were given to me when a friend moved, so I originally did not have to buy any pot or pans.  Going on four years later and well, they were falling apart.  They would cause the burners to smoke and once I started finding bits of black pot specks in my food I knew it was time to buy new ones.  I went with the cheaper Walmart pot and pan set and boy is there a huge difference when cooking with nonstick.  They even caused me to exclaim earlier this week, "Sweet Jesus so this is what this luxury is like!" 


5.  Central Air.  I grew up with it, and even in the dorm I had it so I did not know what I had till it was gone.  The past three years at my old apartment made summer feel like I was near the boarder of hell with the little box air conditioner that was LOUD and only cooled down the living room, leaving the bedroom a hot sticky mess.  When I moved I made it a requirement for my new place to A. have a bathtub and B. Have central air.  I struck gold with both and got the extra bonus of having a super nice place, nice quiet neighbors, and excellent landlords.  Blessing accepted. 






No comments:

Post a Comment