Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Flashback Tuesday

First a little history.  One this day in 1971 Apollo 15 astronauts David R. Scott and James B. Irwin landed on the moon.  It was the 9th manned mission of the Apollo program and the 4th to land on the moon.  It was also the first longer stay mission (lasted three days), as well as the first to use rovers.  So I am sure once they landed, they did something like this.




Also someone in my life named Emily was born, so happy birthday Em, keep staying as classy and as awesome as your were last year and well, people are bound to get jealous. 



 And now totally unrelated to this day in history is my own personal flash back of Little Sid.  Who and what is Little Sid?  While have a lookskie below:









As you can see Little Sid is a kitten, a kitten that  my floor mates and I snuck in freshman year and then kept hidden from our RA.  Why would we do this?  Well, we were weak of heart, and Little Sid was on the kill list* at the animal shelter (and I quote myself back in the day "Save a kitten save your soul?" I really wanted an illegal cat on the floor and can also really dish out the peer pressure  yes I am the one your D.A.R.E. officer warned you about...).  My neighbor who had the nickname  "Sid" adopted him and then claimed our floor as a sanctuary until fall break came two weeks later and Sid took Little Sid home.  To avoid suspicion Sid room hopped, above was one of his nights with me.  Our RA never found out, or did find out and just did not care.  





*For all you animals lovers out there you will be pleased to know that the animal shelter was taken over and is no longer a kill shelter, they foster or relocated the cats and dogs instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment